PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silhouette challenge
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 18:47
Mechta

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Back again but looks like I've missed some fun. The glider winch is LPG powered, and you wouldn't believe the black tar-like stuff which builds up in the gas vapouriser, ugh. Fortunately one of the other members had already started on it, so I pottered about with the Pajero tow-out truck. I fitted an extra towing point fitted for pulling the winch cables, and tensioned up the alternator belts. No joy curing a glowplug solenoid problem (solenoid should power up glowplugs when key is turned, but doesn't). Does anyone here know about Pajeros or Shoguns? A jumplead from the battery to the glowplug rail works though.

By the way Mechta, time to Goggle viscous fluid dynamics and the relationship between viscosity and density.

Try starting with Reynolds Number.

Doesn't the world just love a smartass......
Funny you should mention that Lightning Mate. Last week I was talking to a second year student on the same course, and he had no idea what a Reynolds number was. I'm a first year, and I was at least able to explain what it is (i.e. a relationship between fluid viscosity, length of the body and the velocity through the fluid). I suppose that's what comes from reading Aeromodeller from when I was in short trousers at school...