PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 17:19
jock_mcjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just what I've been saying for years

I applied, and I applied and applied.... one resume had my real name and experience, the other two had false names..... and the same experience... one name was Baldwinder Chana and the other was a female named
Aaliyah Ulanda ... the real sick part is that both bogus email addys (Mr. Chana and Ms. Ulanda) both got a response for an interview.... same thing happened when I tested the waters 2 years ago at FlyBe ... just goes to show you that there are many more dynamics and quotas than you will ever be able to distinguish.... and, yes, my email (with my real name) never got even a shake!
Blue,

You've nicely highlighted what I've believed for sometime now.
Take 2 or 3 people with identical experience and the deciding factor will then come down to being seen to meet some artifical 'quota' of so called 'minorities'. Seen it in action a few times too, although obviously can't pove it.

Right, well I've booked in for my sex change operation next month and as of today have offically converted to the Rastafari Movement. Just need to come up with a suitable name and I'm sorted