PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decision to axe Harrier is "bonkers".
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 16:02
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fire 'n' Forget

Yep, sounds like a Brahmos would be ideal, get some of those inbound for a multi axis attack and you're in business. Is your point that the existence of this weapon makes sinking carriers a piece of p*ss? Is the logical extrapolation that we shouldn't get CVF because actually one could take a hit one day?

I'll agree if the whole find, fix, track, target bit of the evolution is easy, that you can find the target at the ranges you quote, relay that position to the firing unit and the weapon gets to the target, never gets seduced and achieves a kill; while the goodies don't manage to interrupt the kill chain at any point.

No-one is recommending chopping Typhoon because some plonker invented the SA-20, or getting rid of the infantry because recent research suggests that 7.62 rounds can actually kill one person each, and the baddies have loads.

I would hate to be on a warship if someone with a force capable of the whole targeting cycle had the Brahmos, but who actually does have all the elements and can actually put it all together?

Sorry if i've mis-interpreted your post.