PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 14:24
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C'mon gang. Blackmail is blackmail.
You're reading far too much into this.

If EK doesn't get what it wants, it tells its government to take action. A very simple process which Air Canada should also be doing with our Government in response. This is exactly what EK did to get their gov't to 'arm twist' Canada into giving EK what it wants. I'd suggest that TOO is protectionism on the part of the UAE government. (I missed something. When did the CDN gov't bail Air Canada out of bankruptcy protection? Some references for me to read would be appreciated. AND, I'm willing to bet it pales in comparison to what EK receives from the DXB gov't.)

Pack up the Canadian Military and get out of Camp Mirage. (already done as of yesterday)
Tell EKs to F.O.. Immediately cancel EKs landing rights and give them a taste of our 'politics'. There's a sh*tload of reliable carriers serving DXB from Canada through Europe so what's this about giving Canadians a 'choice'? EK have 11 A380s that need work so why not deploy a couple of them to YYC or YVR?
Because it is not in our interests!

Ban all A6 registered aircraft, including their UAE Air Force, overflight/transit flights in Canadian airspace and be done with it.
THAT's the kind of response they will understand.
We'll never match their dollar for dollar battle. Canada couldn't afford it.

Canada. **** or get off the pot!!!

...oops. Isn't our gov't busy with potash? Oh well, EKs will have to wait for a "Canadian" response.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 5th Nov 2010 at 14:51.