PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 12:17
initial-vin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a Noob

Hey u guys, is my 1st post here, well 1st of all thx for all the information and experience u guys have shared in this post

Well i live in sydney, im an undergraduate doing accounting at a crappy uni, is my first year, my marks are reasonable. However I have decided to become a pilot, im sick of writing these few thousand words essays and reports for the rest of my life...

Looking at all my local options, I could either do a uni course on aviation(takes 3 years) with cost 100k++, or do a CPL tafe course and find a flying school to fly in. Then I looked at the Cathay Pacfic's site and thier Cadet Pilot Programme, cause I was grow up in HK, and my family is living there, I can speak cando well, but read only a little, it would be awesome to do a program there.

I have Zero flying experiences and no knowledge on anything. But i did study Physics and Mathematics in highschool till Yr12, marks are average. From the site it says "You need not have previous flying experience, but you should be ambitious and enthusiastic." But having some Hours or even some of u guys have got ur PPL or CPL already, will have a better chance to get in right?

Looking at the requirements from the site, one thing bothers me, HK university entrance qualifications or can be in Australia too?

I'm prepairing for my Application now, but I would like some advice by u guys out there who have got selected to interview.

Should I do some flying hours b4 applying? or even finish CPL first?
What is the due date for applying if I want to make it to the Dec HK interview, that i read someone was going? (I know if lucky it might take months for a reply form them) =/
Can I apply again after the reject me the 1st time?( thats why i dont want to waste my 1st chance)
I wear glasses, but it will help me get to 20/20 version, anyone in stage I seen anyone with glasses? hope they wont mind.

thanks in advance for the help, I hope I can have the same dream u guys do, to become a airline pilot. For you guys doing the interviews and stages, I wish u the best of luck ^^