PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 11:00
justanotherstat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Criteria - could be anything

Guys and girls, trying to second guess the criteria is utterly pointless. I heard yesterday that they had 1500 applications for the positions which they had to whittle down to approx 60 interviewees. Virtually every pilot from the Turboprop companies operating at LCY applied, as well as many type rated pilots (from the other regional airline that pays a lot more apparently) and also RJ pilots currently operating at LCY.

Now these pilots fit one or more of the following criteria:

1. 1000's of hours multi crew
2. Type rated
3. Jet Experience
4. London City Experience
5. European Experience
6. Command potential
I'm sure you can name others.....

The fact that so many have that level of experience, probably justifies PAPI-74's theory for selection criteria
Maybe they have called everyone with the Christian name of Nigel first
although they could just as well find 60 experienced 'Marks' or 'Living in London' or 'Integrated' etc.

Together with wanting a mix of low hour guys as well to keep a balance of experience throughout the company then these numbers reduce further.

The fact is there are so many of us TP guys out there full of hours and experience because we have been unable to move on, due to the static market, cadetships etc. There a plenty of jet pilots who believe the grass is greener or see a seat change opportunity or just better job security, and there are plenty of wannabees looking for their first job.

Add these three bodies of applicants together and you have one hell of a job sorting through them.

Finding the exact criteria is like the proverbial needle in the haystack.