PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Telly- Surround Sound Problem
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 10:17
Tosh McCaber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Telly- Surround Sound Problem

I know that this is not strictly comuter related, but I hope that someone may be able to help. Here goes:

I have a Panasonic plasma TV, Sky HD box, Toshiba DVD recorder, and a slightly older Aiwa all in one DVD player/VCR/ FM/AM Tuner. Also, a DVD player with a USB connection, which I use quite often.

The Aiwa has a very nice 5 speaker stereo sound system attached. The TV has a L&R sockets for audio out; the Aiwa only has an optical socket for audio in. The whole system is connected by Scart sockets, looping in and out of the various components.

I want to use the Aiwa stereo system in conjunction with the TV to give surround sound. I thought that the Scart connections may provide this, but, sadly, this does not seem to be the case. I understand that I could try connecting the Sky HD box to the Aiwa via optical- but would this a) work, and if it did, would it b) limit the number of components able to utilise the surround sound.

Has anyone any connection suggestions (other than going to the expense of a new surround sound system, which I can’t really afford at present?