PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135
Thread: EC135
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 09:43
Phoinix

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What's with the latest FLM/PCL revisions?

"Ground IDLE (within ~45 sec) - Check N2 ~74%"

Rough estimate or a startup limitation? Normal startup takes 42-43 seconds every time and if it takes 46''?... shut it down, enter the discrepancy in helicopters log book?

When is the startup completed? At 50%, when the engine is autonomus and starter becomes generator, or at stabilised RPM (~74% N2)?

Looking at EC's FLM after each revision more and more useless and mindboggling stuff is entering the pages with no logic support. Like the change in the preflight (cabin roof instead of cabin top). More and more idotic revision pages that come in great numbers changing nothing. Don't get me started on Supplement revisions. Whole supplement changed once because of a picture being lowered two text rows.

Is PCL an official checklist from eurocopter or just a help for crews; being revised long after the FLM changes?

The latest ENG switch guard is a joke, isn't it? You almost have to reposition the ENG switch back to flight to remove the guard for shut down. I was told that the modification is to prevent unintentional shutwodn of the good, healthy (only) engine. I mean, If I previously removed one IDLE guard to shut it down, if it's in my mind I will remove the second, third and tenth guard and shut it down.

I don't see anything like that happening to agusta (109). It seems that they have to change the helicopter for every accident it happens, instead of making it better, they are making it worse IMHO.
The one thing that EC never thought of is maybe a light at the end of ENG swtich that would glow bright red if engine is at idle or off and green for flight. They never thought one would be flying it at night and you can't see the damn switches without a light.

Last edited by Phoinix; 5th Nov 2010 at 16:51.