PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 08:54
NightFlightsAreMagic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm to busy preparing for my stage II and III for next week, but after it, I shall post my experiences for stage I, II and III.

There must be different JKI tests, because some of the questions you mention, I did not get.

During which part is lift the greatest:

Normally in take off.
The amount of pressure difference determines the amount of lift produced.
The pressure difference is affected by the functions of lift, which are, configuration (flaps), air density, angle of attack (which is highest at take off), and the speed of airflow over the wing.

Predictive windshear and how does it work:

Normal the windshear is only detected when the aircraft flies into the windshear. Then the pilot will get visual and an aural warning. The predictive ones detects the windshear ahead of the plane. How it's working precisely I forgot, but it has something to do with the wx radar and the doppler frequency shift.

Cost index (CI):

performance management function that optimizes speed for minimum cost. Jet performance computers determining the best speed at which to travel in order to minimize the total operating cost of the flight.

MRC vs. LRC:

LRC is 99% of the MRC. Speeds are very unstable at the MRC. So you want to fly a bit faster. 1% of the range is used to fly at a higher speed.

WAT:
Weight, Altitude, Temperature conditions limits the aircrafts MTOW and MLW.
At take off you need to have enough power so that you meet the required second segment climb gradient or the missed approach climb gradient, with one engine inop.

Hope this helped

Blue skies, tailwinds and happy landings,

NFAM

Last edited by NightFlightsAreMagic; 5th Nov 2010 at 11:06.