PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton ATC - Medevac fob off
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 07:55
slowclimber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can understand that NATS controllers would want to stand up for their colleagues - somebody has to - but the BBC quotes are quite clear. "On this occasion Nats were unable to provide staffing cover beyond our closing time" said the airport. They wouldn't say this if it was the ADM who refused the flight, or because the RFFS were unavailable, or because AUR had failed to make the flight status clear (out of hours, non-scheduled, mandatory flight-plan - sounds pretty clear to me.) Those who find it "difficult to believe it had anything to do with Southampton ATC" are unlikely to be ATCOs working on the south coast...

Anyway, I'd hardly suggest that the story had a happy ending, but at least Bournemouth were able to accept the flight. Let's hope the casualty's recovery is full and swift. As for the BBC's criticism, Southampton have been on the receiving end of uncritical BBC adulation for too long now, so: tough.

Heathrow Director: With a serious head injury, I really don't think you'd be worrying about the quality of the decor or the lack of in-flight entertainment, do you?