PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renamed & Merged: Qantas Severe Engine Damage Over Indonesia
Old 5th Nov 2010, 04:38
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ken, I have a son a LAME, next time you are in port take the time to pop over to the Jet Base and have a little chat. You might find one of the finest Engineering units in the world has for the last ten years at the hands of Dixon etc, become a shadow of its former self, you might find exellent engineers looking outside the industry to get some satisfaction that they once had, you might find the frustration of engineers of receiving parts that for all intents and purposes were supposed to be maintained (overseas) and were anything but, you also might note the frustration of not having heavy maint, done in the one hangar, on the one computer, with a changeover of crews being able to hand from one to another, without a scramble for parts, information etc. in other words, a day in the life of a QF engineer is not what it used to be. All of my kids in moments of madness, decided to follow their ol man into the industry, whilst the pilots, are forever leaping up and down about something, the most frustrated is my young bloke, the engineer. He went into QF aged 18 years with all the excitement of a young bloke fullfilling a dream, and it continued for a while until Dixon.................... as they say the rest is history.