PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renamed & Merged: Qantas Severe Engine Damage Over Indonesia
Old 5th Nov 2010, 04:01
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By Ken Borough I've heard so many punters say they won't use QF because of 'overseas maintenance' and, in the same breath, say they travel on CX, SQ, EK etc.
Although I agree with your post in general, ALAEA may be a little out of line by using QF 32's incident yesterday (different to the past) to make a case.
A380 engine explosion: Qantas boss blasts off-shore maintenance claim
Mr Joyce said the exact cause of the engine failure was not yet known, but early investigations suggested it was a problem with the design of the engine rather than its maintenance.
Let's hope AJ is right as his feathers seem ruffled this time.
Having said that, there has been a bank of incidents over the past few years at QF which are engineering related in my view. We don't hear the same issues happening at CX SQ & EK as we have from QF, which leads to the question, why is this so?

Although we don't have the facts to judge the reasons for yesterdays incident, it does in fact highlight the previous incidents that may indicate to some observers that something is NQR (not quite right) at the flying roo. I say this out of total respect for the pilots at QF who have handled all of the past incidents with great professionalism. After yesterdays shock I trust AJ who cheer-leads his pilots skills in the press translates to maintaining the value of keeping good pilots happy.I think that's the outcome people want to see on here.