PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadetships/do I really have to go north/am I too old or I have kids etc threads
Old 5th Nov 2010, 02:23
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the question of suitable flying schools, many of the opposing responses are from disaffected ex students that didn't cut the mustard; and many "recommendations" are subtle adverts from other flying schools or flying instructors looking for students. (One flying training establishment had over 30 PPRuNe "identities" to respond with "favourable comment" about their service in "what flying school" threads!)
Now thats a crack up!

Hey Taillie, let me guess that it was from a place up north, lets say with an RAAF tower, and a crazy Dr with a V35B.?

Must be the land for multi personality disorders

No Jabba.

The identities all led back to a training organisation in Victoria associated with the aviation industry, whose principal has less than a favourable reputation in the industry.

More than one "what flying school" or "is XYZ flying school any good" type threads, even in recent times, has been started by an unethical flying school owner or instructor purporting to be a spotty faced hopeful, who then changes identity a few times to post favourable comments about their school, or post derogatory comments about their competitor's school.

Why do some people think Mods can't see user IP addresses and search the databse for user names and IP address comparisons?

This type of scam is time consuming on the limited time Mods have available and misleading to our PPRuNe users.

And that is even more reason for Mods to close threads of this nature.

Tail Wheel