PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAA Charters
Thread: AAA Charters
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 23:43
no oil pressure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young gun,

As an old bloke once said to me "Another knock back; another step closer to your next job!"

Not trying to tell you how to suck lemons, but you need to grow a very thick skin in this industry. My second week in after scoring a job I was replaced, sacked less than two years later due to no work. Drove 500km in the middle of the night dodging 'roos to my next job for 30 hours of work, for which I was greatful for.

In the space of two years, I've had more knockbacks than you can count - just like yourself. Frustrating stuff I know!

Now I'm doing something entirely different for a few hours here and there. I haven't even hit 500TT yet. As you can tell, I don't get in the air much - just fill in here and there.

Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. Want to make it in this industry? Keep your mouth shut; chin up and keep on ticking away at those hours, no matter how hard it seems. If you quit trying now, some snotty nosed kid is going to walk straight into that job that could have been yours! I've seen it myself.

You've come this far, keep at it!