PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 21:54
engfireleft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed the UAE may be acting up like a spoilt child at present, but AC and Transport Canada are acting just as poorly and are treating the fare paying public like morons...........
You're right...sort of. They are (not may be) acting like a spoiled child at present, or more accurately grownups with an unjustified sense of entitlement who don't know the meaning of diplomacy. No apology from me required though.

The Government is not interested in what the public wants, only in how best to line its own pockets...... I wander how many 'brown envelopes' have passed hands during AC's lobbying of the Government?
On the one hand I will agree that politicians are first and foremost interested in what's good for them personally. Such is the case the world over. However in this instance protecting a vital component of the Canadian transportation infrastructure is good for the Canadian public and therefore good for themselves as well. The two interests are mutual.

Two questions: What $200 million are you talking about? If it's the $250 they got from the government as part of a loan package in 2009, Air Canada is paying 12.75% interest which seems like a pretty good deal for the taxpayers. You know, the same Canadian public you think the government is doing such a disservice to. And what makes you think brown envelopes full of cash changed hands between AC lobbyists and members of the government? Pretty inflammatory accusation there. Did Griffiths put you up to it?

Last edited by engfireleft; 4th Nov 2010 at 23:57.