PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadetships/do I really have to go north/am I too old or I have kids etc threads
Old 4th Nov 2010, 20:53
tail wheel

Received 231 Likes on 123 Posts
One of the issues Mods have with flying training threads is that the decision on a flying school, first job, career path etc is so personal to the person involved and their peculiar circumstances, that most advice given is irrelevant.

On the question of suitable flying schools, many of the opposing responses are from disaffected ex students that didn't cut the mustard; and many "recommendations" are subtle adverts from other flying schools or flying instructors looking for students. (One flying training establishment had over 30 PPRuNe "identities" to respond with "favourable comment" about their service in "what flying school" threads!)

There is still only one way to select the flying school that suits you: go visit, talk to the CFI, instructors and current students, obtain written prices - and make your own decision based upon your personal circumstances.

And .... your first job is in a remote location, flying tired singles, on low pay, with crappy accommodation - but only if you are there and very lucky. There is no first flying jobs in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne, flying new singles and ME aircraft on over Award wages.

I am just wondering how was the job market in Aus., specially for flight instructors or other low houred jobs?

Are there some better opportunities than in north america, or is it as congested?

Thanks
I would be amazed if any low hour instructor could give an accurate and constructive assessment of the instructor job opportunities in Australia, versus North America.