PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAA Charters
Thread: AAA Charters
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 11:41
onezeroonethree

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Why have they had to advertise for jr pilots in the first place judging by the number of applicants they should have no problem finding pilots surley they have guys knocking on the door every day looking for work.
Exactly what I was thinking. Them, plus the job adverts a few weeks ago from one of the operators in Knx and also another in SA had me wondering why they even bother putting up adds on afap.

As for struggler123's post about the tigermoth world job with the cut and paste questionnaire...

Please Affix Current Photo Here
erh...
I'll let that one slip.
What do your mum and dad do and where do they live?
What?
Did you pay for your flying yourself?
How was it funded
Seriously? How about none of your business?

Now aside from this grammar-nazi **** storm that is occuring here with the trolls all I want to add is this: Good on the CP for writing back with some advice. As someone who just spent the earlier part (unsuccessfully in some ways) looking for my first GA gig I think its good that he at least took the time to reply. I think about 1 in 20 resume's I e-mailed out got replies with a "thanks but no thanks" and about 2 or 3 chief pilots in the whole of the WA (I searched AOC's and determined which companies were doing single engine scenics/charter work and contacted them on the phone before I left Melbourne) spoke to me for more than 30seconds. To them I am grateful because they didnt make me feel like "oh look another fkn fresh CPL sucker looking for work bothering me again...".

Having said that I popped into AAA mid this year and spoke with the CP back then (I believe there's a new one there). Spoke to the guy and another senior pilot and they were very friendly and it was a good experience.

Just my $0.02