PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 11:24
Bristol_Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should imagine the 145's are going back to bmi regional.

However, I heard something different very recently, so I suspect the RJ85 equipment entries might be just placeholders.

On the issue of ScaryTeam v. Star - I think there is/was an underappreciation of how important status earning/holding is to frequent fliers, particularly those who have to put up with short-hops into hubs. Frankly, I dread having to hit the security queue at BRS at 6am in the morning if I can't exercise my Star Gold privilege to hop down the Fast Track line. And to escape to the lounge above the writhing masses.

I managed to get a status match for a colleague from Flying Blue into a Star Alliance airline plane at Gold level, at which point he was happy to consider using the LH route to FRA. Unfortunately, a combination of illness and the route getting pulled meant he didn't really get good use of it.

It will take time for people to shift alliance allegiances. I've "millions" of miles in Star, and Gold status for a number of years, so it's unlikely I'd switch easily to ST.