PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 10:58
chris87w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "It's great to finally know I won't be completly alone pn the big day
I'm going to stay at the premier inn the night before, will you be driving down on the same day?

I've really not been revising the motivation paper at all, I looked it over but I know almost everything in there already (no not the aircraft specs in detail but I know the general idea, B747 for short hauls and an E135 cross the atlantic ) so therefore it hasn't been a priority.

I've been playing a little puzzle game every day ( Set Daily Puzzle ), mostly to get used to sorting shapes and because it might give me some practice in problem solving (it's quite fun aswell ), so I've done that every day for a while now.

Then I've gotten underway with the d/s/t calculations, picked up a paper for the first time yesterday, I'm solving the questions at around 22-23 seconds each now but I want to work that down a lot more. I know I spend a lot of time doing writing now that I don't need to (writing when the speed is 60mph for example). So now that's the major thing I'm trying to smooth out.

Other then that I'm planning to look over the NATS example cubes at least two times before the big day, but since I only have found those three cubes to work with it's not easy to prepare for that part. Perhaps I will make a few cubes of my own though, but we'll see.

So overall, it's going well (I think!) but it's so hard to say. I don't belive there's anyway you can overprepare for this and even I'm feeling confident in my abilities, how ever I'm still certain those test will be everything but easy.

How about yourself? It seems you're focusing a lot on the math right now"

Wow you certainly seem to be doing well! Its taking me an hour to 10 questions at the moment, and thats not even a 100% accuracy rate. My maths has always been my weakest point so im having to spend most of my time on that really, fortunately i have a good memory to not have to worry too much about the document we have been given, though im starting to read that a few times a day and doing the usual bullets points and spider diagrams to get the information to stick in my head....I know my skills fairly well, and im not confident about getting passed this first stage purely on my maths ability but fingers crossed!

Im actually off on holiday for the next week or so from my normal day job as a telecommunications engineer, so i was debating on actually spending the week in a nearer location to the test center but i shall how things go as my plans sort themselves out in the next few days. To be honest, im really going to have to spend the majority of my time studying now and doing maths til im blue in the face to stand a hope in hell.

The main sources of study for the first stage is just the S/D/T stuff and the document right?

Im find this forum a useful source of information and im finding it rewarding already being a part of something that so many people seem to be aiming for! If only all society was like this! World would be a better place eh! Fingers crossed I will be training and working along side you guys in the near future!