PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greens' pledge to shut Essendon Airport
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 05:11
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CP,

if you are truely believing that Steve Price, alan Jones and Andrew Bolt represent an intelligent fairminded point of view on any policy matter you are just a wee bit right of Gengis Kahn. they may well represent your political beliefs but that does not make them right (then again I suppose it does make them very Right, but not correct)

Start emailing and mailing the libs, and the Labour party as well, to stand up and provide real assurances that the value of EN is recognized and preserved. we have 'safe' National party ( national joke party ) reps down here who have been approached to stand up for regional victorians and the value of Essendon Airport to all victorians, but they respond with a deafening silence, they are as bad as the greens for opposing every bit of progress and infrastructure.

Screaming 'no greens' and deifying Andrew bolt are both completely futile exercises. contact Your Local Member and tell them why They need to preserve this important state asset. get your mum and dad and all your friends to do the same. if eneough people of Victoria want it kept, a few snivelling NIMBYs will be beaten.

I have written submissions to government (state and federal) and outlined all my reasons why , my state , region, community and family benefit from Essendon's continueing viability. you should do the same!

Stop shouting about what bogeymen (bogeypersons??) the greens are, and telling everyone that Alan jones can fix it. Put your key board to a better use, start writing properly constructed and reasoned submissions to perple who actually matter, not bigotted journos and radio bigmouths, they do it to sell advertising and don't give a stuff about you and your soap box. Also earbash every pollie you meet about how important it is, they do listen, cos you can chuck them out if you and enough people share your beliefs.