PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAA Charters
Thread: AAA Charters
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 02:56
Hot High Heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree also that the rejection email wasn't negative at all, in fact its great that a reply was sent at all.

I worked with AAA recently and found the place to be a good place to get that first gig. Sure there's 'only' a couple of singles but what else are you after or do you expect for the first job?? The guy takes low time pilots which i think is great but obviously he requires some extra attributes too. The H endo is necessary as there is bus work to and from the airport so just suck it up and get it.

You have to remember that these guys get lots of pilots breezing through looking for work. I've seen of the CV's etc when i was there and some of them were awful. The reality is, you need to set yourself apart from the other guys, whether it be in hours, personality, other skills or whatever.

The work is varied and you get cheap accom provided and Jabiru isn't a bad place to live. It gave me enough 200 time and a great intro into charter to move on to the next job which is great. Its been a great stepping stone.

I think there's a few rich kids around here that trained in their nice shiny, glass cockpit C172's, haven't done a day's work yet, that think that they are entitled to an amazing job in a huge company, flying twins after 2 months. If thats the case then stick to the cadetships as GA in the top end isn't for you!