PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B747-200F upper deck seating
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 02:29
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help but to think that there are some "misguided souls" out there, who for reasons all too apparent might be interested in the "upper deck seating" configuration of cargo airlines( possible or probable resistance ) , as well as which have reinforced cockpit doors or none at all. Might I suggest that we collectively keep that info close to our chests. I'm sure the long time poster who started this thread had no bad intentions, and maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but I imagine there are those who monitor these threads who may use information from our open forum against us.
Can't be serious? Yeah you are a bit paranoid.

FACT. US carrier has suicidal jumpseater who works for carrier and has access to cockpit tries to kill crew with intent crash aircraft into the companies hub. Failed.

FACT. Egyptian carrier has flying pilot overcome other crew member and crashes aircraft into ocean.

FACT. After several aircraft hijackings one particular group coordinates several hijackings on the same day with suicidal (unprecedented) intentions.

Result, you, pilots who are allowed to carry in flight, bullet proof doors, millions of.,. wait probably billions of dallars spent. What has this changed... NADA. There is still the possibility of some suicidal schmuck knocking his co-pilot out and sinking a jet full of lives.

Man you are at greater risk of getting stabbed to death by your lifepartner in your sleep than seeing a terrorist take advantage of the amount of jumpseats in a freighter to serve his goals.

Please feel free to argue my position.