PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - thinking in africa
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 01:32
AviatorJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Wallander!

I will pretty much say what everyone (well maybe not all) will post after me.

Have a look at the other threads dealing with jobs in Botswana etc. There are companies around that will hire you out of school. Have a look into Tanzania, Bots and Namibia. You will most probably get a C206/210 job in these areas if you look around. Most places look at Caravan guys around the 1000/1500 TT+

You will also have to get out there and ask. No one will look at emails and hire (if you do, let me know, lol)! Make sure to get out before the high (dry) season starts as there will be many like you hunting for jobs and there is never enough for everyone, especially in this economic climate.

In all if you go to Africa you will not only love the flying and maggot lifestyle but you wll also learn the vital 'stick and rudder' skills that are now starting to be bypassed by fresh commercial pilots to sit in a modern airbus. As many will agree a wide experience in aviation will not only improve your skills it will keep your future career from becoming mundane and unexciting. I flew on the continent for a few years and through all the highs and lows I have to say it was a great time. I wish to return there soon too.

You may experience some negativity if you look around this site but don't let it bother you. No pilot has ever entered this life at the 10,000 hour mark so if you keep trying, you shall always suceed. If you do hear anything let me know.

I wish you all the best in your career and the future.

Regards,

AJ.