PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAA Charters
Thread: AAA Charters
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2010, 01:15
AussieNick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To those who got knocked back by AAA and yes i am one of those 168 who didn't get the job, its not going to hurt to take the advice given by the CP.

I have spoken to the CP face to face a few times and via email. He is a very level headed bloke, very easy going and more than willing to help out us new blokes and blokettes even if he won't give you a job. Most companies would not even bothered to let you know that you didn't get the job, let alone take the time to write up a list of common mistakes that were made

GG and others, the email mentioned stuff like

"
Check your spelling and grammar. Many people didn’t get past this point! Most applicants claimed to have great or exceptional communication skills and yet over 80% of the applications contained basic spelling or grammatical mistakes. I know we are hiring pilots not writers; however it shows attention to detail which is a trait we value highly.

Quite a few applicants claimed C206 experience but didn’t say how many hours. We took it as approx 1hr! List total hours, total PIC hours and hours on each type somewhere near the start of your CV or even in the email text."

The CP told me these things personally about 2 years ago when I first bugged him, take it in good measure guys, it'll help out in the long run. Remember, he didn't have to go out of his way to help those of us who were not sucessful.

Also, a word of advice for those younguns on PPRUNE, the industry is a small place and reputations mean a fair bit. word travels quite fast about those who bitch and moan because they have to do a bit of work to get a job. Your adults, act like it. others can attest its almost impossible to stay anonimos on here....