PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The RAF and asthma - WHY?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 16:59
Jonesyboy92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, surprised by all the responses. Anyone following my post on the medical forum (should they give a toss or not), I have indeed never had asthma and the word is entirely absent from my medical records, but have been prescribed inhalers, (which I have never used to any effect) according to my records, so although it's half-and-half really as to whether I can get away it after all the research I've done. Only time will tell, so there's no room for speculation, but I'm a hardy lad, so I'll keep my chin up and brace myself for the disappointing news.

Alot of good advice and many good points posted here for both sides, although I did laugh at the 'troll' accusation simply because I have expressed opinion. If I knew everything, I wouldn't embellish the start of my sentences with 'I think' or 'In my opinion'. Either I'd be all-knowing and true (not the case), or just some bloody bigot.

I, myself, stand by my original opinion, though it seems genuine asthmatics or others with so much as a slight wheeze are looked at in distaste by too many people. Would you go into a home for the blind and mock them because the way their genes are coded are make them 'pathetic' human beings? Yeah, alright, two pretty different extremes, lol, but both are merely down to the way genes happen to exist. And OK, sometimes people joke about it, which is fine, but others really are serious and seem to have some sort of superiority complex...