PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC 50th birthday, looking for 50 cracking good stories
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 15:10
BobbyBolkow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel That reminds me of another one!

3 Flt supporting Kilt wearing regiment exercising in Kenya late 85.

All based at the racecourse (?) in Nanuyki, and after usual famils around the different training areas settled into routine. A couple of weeks later a detachment of RMP travel up country from Nairobi to have a 'look around!' i.e. check on the boys. Col in a skirt suggests the Flt 'might like to take them around the areas'. So we gear up for another afternoon of cooks tours!

When breifing said monkeys, we gave them the usual do's and don'ts and stressed that "If you feel sick..... use your berets,as we don't want to have a cabin full of carrots!"

First 2 trips, no problems. 3rd trip, after doing the training areas we headed for Mt Kenya to go look for some Hefalumps. Soon a tiny voice was heard from the back "I don't feel very well!". "OK" says I "hang on a minute". Executed a brill quick-stop with 90deg into field and lands . "Right, out you get lad". So Monkey jumps out and legs it to the corner of the field. 4 pairs of eyes looked on in amazment as he took his beret out of his combat jacket pocket and................................YES! threw up into it! He then carefully folded his beret again, put it back in his pocket and came back saying "Great, I feel better for that!"
I did try to explain that the reason for landing in a field was that he could be sick outside the aircraft, but the howls of laughter from the others won! So it was a cr@p take-off due to the tears in my eyes.

Got a few beers recounting that one in the mess that night tho'