PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 14:24
missterrible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now thats a bit sensational now. To clarify the union has written to the new Director of Flight Ops listing a number of breaches of our agreements. Aer Lingus were happy to cut our pay, increments and sector pay before the ink had dried on the Greenfield agreement last October but now a year on they don't want to get around the table and agree to things like a fixed pattern roster plus about another 10 or so clear breaches of our agreements.

The only reason you are getting from A to B is largely because of the goodwill of the staff of AL. We are short of pilots and cabin crew. As far as I am aware AL got its numbers wrong again (they do it all the time) but are hamstrung in recruiting as the voluntary service scheme has only just closed out. I can only speak as a pilot and say that the goodwill of our mob is quickly drying up and we are sick of hearing the same old tired excuses. I for one will never answer my phone on my day(s) off nor do I know anyone else that will.

We have written stating that we reserve the right "up to and including withdrawal of services". In union parlance this generally means get around the table and hammer out a deal.
I am beginning to think that Ialpa is Michael O'Leary's greatest weapon in persuading the Government to sell to him. Maybe that is what they really want.