PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 09:49
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They always say that everyone, if good enough, will get a place on the cadet course and that there are enough slots available for all at the interview if good enough. In my honest opinion this is BS as of course you are in competition, there have been over 25,000 applicants and you have to be better than 99% of them. But if say all 20 at an interview were good enough, yes, all would get through. If that kept happening the bar would be raised. The whole point of interviews is to find the best applicant.

Have to disagree with the above post. There is a difference between competitive and being bad in group activities due to attitude. Life is a competition, the more people who want something that has limited availability the harder it is to get. If you leave the interview stages thinking I could not have done anything else to prepare then dont beat yourself up about it, somethings you cant really prepare for and some people are bad at those things. Its just the way life is. But yes it is a competition between all the applicants for those limited spaces, how anyone can think otherwise is beyond me.