PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAA Charters
Thread: AAA Charters
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 08:56
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look guys, no matter how you took his email.

1. It's rare that you will get an email back from any company at any level unless you're on the short list. I give him 10 points for that and some feedback is even rarer.

2. AAA stay below the radar most of the time and do their thing. It wouldn't be the worst company in the territory to be involved with. At least it is mainly charter. If you get a start now you will get some good wet season experience as it get's pretty wet in those parts.

3. I believe he had the best of intentions in his email and what he said is pretty true. I have seen some resumes from Pilots that (most) are an utter joke.

4. Regardless of the fact he does not have twins, you will get good experience, learn the territory VFR, get wet season time and be in a good position when clicking over the 1000 hour mark to get into a decent multi engine operator. When I was going through the system Skytrans were the ticket, It would seem Hardy Aviation now have this mantle in northern Australia for aspiring Pilots looking for multi engine time..

If it were me starting out and I saw an add like this, I would send him a 1 page resume, with a 1 page letter addressing the selection criteria. I would send it in a bound file by express post (rather than email) and tell him you'll be on the next flight, or in the car the moment you get the call from him.

What I have noticed with a lot of younger blokes these days is they have huge egos and have never worked a day in their life (some never even had after school jobs like we all did in the day). A little bit of life experience does go a long way IMO.

GG