PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can someone explain why the MRA4 has been cancelled before we screw up big time.
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 07:33
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon, iRaven

Are you both aware that the 8 MRA4 aircraft have already been paid for by you and I??

I fail to understand why you are so hell bent on just throwing away the thick end of £3 billion and starting a fresh with UAVs.

I can perhaps see a role for the UAV in future ASW/MAROPS perhaps, but we don't have them yet, we don't have any money to buy them yet, however we do have 8 MRA4's ready to go now.

As for all this about You have to stop thinking about 1x RPAS servicing a single sub; you could use 10x RPAS and all the support for the cost of single MRA4 targetting that same sub What are we going to do when we have more than a single sub to prosecute Leon?? call up more RPAS?

WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO BUY RPAS, don't you get it? What we do have are a bunch of MPAs that are probably going to be scrapped, at a ridiculous cost to us all. It is stupidity beyond belief, and all of your drum-banging about RPAS is great, but we can't afford them now.