PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline cadetship vs Traditional methods
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 23:45
cantfigureitout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline cadetship vs Traditional methods

Hello,

I know it has become a point of irritation amongst some of you, but unfortunately I do feel that it is necessary to add a disclaimer per se. I am at a cross roads in my life and am looking for honest comments about your own experiences and also guidance and advice that I may take with a grain of salt.

A year ago I was scrubbed from 2FTS (pilot training RAAF) I have approx 200 hours with minimal solo time with 30 IF hours. I took a year off to commence my Masters in Aviation Industry Management (as I have my bachelor in Technology Aviation). I have spent the last year saving everything that I made with the intention of completing my CPL, ATPL subjects and my MEICR.

I have been looking in detail to the J* cadet scheme and have read through the treads that contain information on this topic. I was also flown across to HK this time last year for an interview with Cathay pacific. I eventually decided to decline due to the requirement to relocate for 6 years and wish to remain in Australia.

I am essentially looking for information of peoples own experience and the way that they made their way into the airlines.

Also one slightly unrelated question, how old is to old to be looking at making pathways into the airlines? I am 22 and I believe cursed with my generation’s fears that I am already too old with the airlines opening up cadetships to 18 year old and my military back ground where they want you as young as possible.

Any constructive information would be greatly appreciated, also feel free to PM me.

Thank you in advance.