PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 21:59
js0987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't had the pleasure of having FSI including MGB pedal kicking as an indication that there's nothing else left to do but die.

I recall the pedal bumps as associated with an impending IGB or TGB failure.

So far the bypass has always worked in the sim - next time I'll have the instructor fail that too.

As far as Sikorsky being "callous" - where did that come from? Corporations do and will defend themselves. The fact that they settled quickly with the families speaks otherwise.

As far as Nick Lappos having a spirited debate about the virtues of the 92 vs the 225, what pilot hasn't done the exact same thing about his favorite aircraft. Speaking of which, what's the latest on the 332 transmission that disintegrated? Ironically, the main argument touting the virtues of a 30 minute run dry proved to be useless in that accident.

I hope all the discussions about the virtues of the 92 and 225 on this board did not play a role in the Cougar pilots decision.

As far as flying at 20,000 feet over the ocean, 30 minute run dry would be great. Never saw much point in going above 6000.