PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can someone explain why the MRA4 has been cancelled before we screw up big time.
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 21:22
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iRaven,

Sir, might I suggest that you stop posting on here because you are making a complete fool of yourself and displaying a total lack of knowledge as far as ASW is concerned.

Just for the record and to give you something else to look up on google on these cold, dark nights:

1. How many buoys do you believe a predator could carry?
2. What would be the total weight of that kind of payload?
3. Given that payload, what would be a reasonable length of 'on station' time?
4. How many of your predators do you feel would be required to track a soviet nuke from say the gaps down to the bay of Biscay?
5. How many predators in total do you think the RAF will need, to achieve that one single task?
6. What would the total cost be to the British public?

I guess that bringing 8 Nimrod MR4's into service, that have already been paid for and for which we already have the crews and infrastrucure in place looks a pretty good solution, wouldn't you agree?

For the record, we were using DIFAR buoys when I was on the fleet (infact we were still using Mk1C buoys (God forbid!!) when I joined the fleet) And I know nothing about HIDAR at all! You really do need to get more up-to-date with things mate.

Winco