PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 12:59
TonyWilliams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just out of interest, is the rotation currently 30/30 or 60/30.

We all started signing 30/30 contract amendments about two weeks ago. I doubt everybody has completely transitioned to the new scheme, and I also doubt it will last long term.

There at "goals" to reach 90 hours of flying in that 30 days. Of course, you have no control over getting a work or resident visa, or making sure that your training is scheduled and paid for to keep you current, and all the other things that make it unlikely to hit that 90 hour target. So, the likely outcome is a return to 56/28.

This past summer, before pilots started quitting in droves, they were talking about 56/14. This scheme is purely to attract new pilots.

Finally, you will do your training / recurrent during your time off, so that 30 days won't always be off. Travel is now during your off time. And the protocol office still has control of the travel arrangements, which means that there are going to continue to be issues of timely travel arrangements (much of the time, they have no money to issue the tickets).

By the way, if you're the chosen few on the A330, you'll enjoy 15/15, and on time salaries that are quite a bit higher than those of us flying the little toy airplanes in Lagos.

What is take home dosh for 737 Capt ?

$8000 total, with 10% of that paid locally in Lagos in Nigerian currency. It will likely rarely be on time (only once for me in almost two years), and if they know (or even think) that you're leaving for another airline, they won't pay your final salary. Very classy place.