PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 12:18
davydine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for this amazing thread

Hi All, just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread. I am just humble SLF with a little bit of gliding experience who never had the privilige of flying on Concorde and only ever saw her flying once (in the seventies I saw her take off from Heathrow when she was painted in BA and SIA colours... I was very young!) Thank you all for sharing your passion with us all and keeping this thread so gripping.

I did once meet a Concorde Pilot, it was in about 2003 shortly after the end of her service had been announced. It was on a motorboat somewhere in the solent (Bembridge on the isle of Wight springs to mind) and he politely listened to me rabbit on about my gliding experience and my hopes to get an NPPL one day (Still haven't managed!) I knew that he was a pilot and when I asked what he flew he just quietly said, "Concorde". I nearly fell of my perch. Anyway a couple of minutes later I acidentally spilled a glass of wine down his trousers and I have never forgotten it - my wife tells me it was deliberate because i was jealous! It wasn't I promise. Anyway, sorry for waffling on, but if that pilot is one of the contributors here - I really am sorry about spilling that drink!

Thanks again for an amazing thread
D