PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Qantas Does Leigh Clifford Work For?
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 09:09
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Dragon, "New Management" won't come in, not unless the company destroys itself and is sold to new owners with a realistic outlook.

Narcissists perpetuate themselves. Qantas will not recover unless and until they are removed, root, stem and branch, and the management and human resources tools for that removal process do not even exist today, and may never exist.

To put it another way, I know of no organisation that has recovered from an infestation of narcissists in management without a near (corporate) death experience.

I have an acquaintance who has been a Director of one of the Big Four banks for some years. I asked her what her strategic imperatives were; "My job is to make sure that the people who work for me can succeed at what they are doing" was the reply. You will not find that attitude at Qantas, in my opinion.

This fits with the Sunfish inverted management triangle, where the CEO is on the bottom, supporting the entire edifice. This is a concept completely at variance with the Dixon/Clifford theory that the Board makes the world go around.

The only thing I venerate about Gough Whitlam was his comment that election to the Board of Qantas was the closest thing in Australia to membership of the House of Lords.