PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 08:23
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dp

Thank you for the explanation of what happened last week. I understand that a statement was due to be released on Monday pm about the state of the project, but I can't find it - has it been delayed??

Croqueteer

My emotive language is displayed when I see the British public being taken for a ride. And Dr Pleming is/has and continues to take them for a ride IMHO. I have no problem whatsoever in collecting for the Vulcan. Over the years I have donated to it many times. The difference is that with the Vulcan, we have this annual ransom note saying: 'we need X by X and if we don't get it, then it's dead, finished, scrapped' and that is what frankly hacks me and very many others off.

This latest ranson comes exactly one month after the '2012 and beyond' plan was written. What's that all about? Why didn't they disclose the plan a month ago? It might have given more people an incentive to donate! But no, it didn't happen, and it is yet another example of strange management that seems to plague this project. Lack of transparancy I think is the good terminology for it

I can only suggest that you get a (large) cup of tea, sit down in a comfy chair and read this thread from start to finish. You will then see some of the goings-on that have occurred over the years and you perhaps can get an understanding of why people like myself want to see Pleming go for good, and someone with a bit more 'savvy' take his place. I think he is incompetant and I think that many of his 'right-hand men' are also incompetant, but they are still there in post. Still drawing large salaries, despite their shortcomings.

Go and put the kettle on!!

regards
Winco