PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silhouette challenge
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2010, 21:55
skytrain10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm here - just been sorting out my books - and seeing if I can find some new challenges! Now need to make sure they're all on the web

must have sent people scurrying to Fairchild?
me included, but the undercarriage was all wrong. Internet's been slow all day today, so there was no way I was going to spend hours going through Aerofiles.

Mate, I couldn't identify a cockpit or an aerodrome if my life depended on it. But I have a lot of cockpit photos (books/magazines..and I'm sure you do to) and just thought I could contribute.
I have no idea how you work out what an aircraft is from a set of dials! When the cockpit windows/frames have been in view it helps a bit, but even so how these guys work them out is beyond me! It was only your clue that made it easy.

Years ago I used to do all the nav chart updates for aircraft so I used to get to recognise some airport layouts. And if you have a few clues and know roughly where to look you can always use google earth to look at airfields.

Hmmm...what happened to the other guy?
Not sure who else was involved - probably went on to be President or something! Incidentally the person concerned died in the late 1990's.