PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worldwide Pilot's shortage..... Myth or Fact?
Old 1st Nov 2010, 20:32
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and not enough companies willing to spend money on training those who, with a little help, could become qualified.
No, not even close.
At the US airport where I keep my private airplane, there at least 100 full time cadets learning to fly, all paid for by the respective airlines.

Get your nose in the door, and there are plenty of opportunities...IF you look hard enough.
Nationalities involved...
Indian
Dutch
Belgain
Chinese
German
Bangladesh
Viet Nam...
and several others.

There will be, in the next few years, thousands of new airline pilots that will be required...all you have to do is be from just where they will be needed.
And, let us not forget the USA.
Hundreds of senior Captains will be retiring in the next two years alone, so...in actual fact, the future is rather bright for new entrant airline pilots.

And no, I'm not kidding.
This upcoming situation reminds me of the mid-1960's, when hundreds of new entrant pilots were hired by US major airlines.

In addition, for experienced Captains, lots of new positions will be (or, are now) available, for those that have specific experience in type.