PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P1/P2 as student
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2002, 14:41
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tKF,

You can, of course, write anything you like in your log book. It is, after all, your log book. So if you want to include a particular flight, regardless of what license you have, you can do so. I wasn't aware of any specific way of writing up a flight which you don't have a license for. If you've heard from a reliable source that this is the way to do it then fair enough, but I don't think there would be a problem with writing the flight in your log book any way at all, subject to what I'm about to say.

What you can't do, though, is count that time towards anything. You can't count it towards the 45 hours for a PPL, nor the minimum hours for CPL training or ATPL issue, you can't include it in your total time when you're getting a quote from an insurance company, etc, etc, etc.

So, if you want to record the flight, write whatever you want in the operators capacity column, so long as it couldn't be confused with any loggable time (i.e. don't write P1, P2, PUS, PUT, or anything else similar). And write the hours anywhere you like, so long as there's no danger of them being included in any of your totals - I would suggest that you're asking for trouble if you include the time in the "P2 or Training" column, even if you exclude it from the total. The "Other" column really is the most logical place, unless you've already used that for something else (I've used my "Other" column to keep track of my tailwheel time, because my insurance company needs to know that).

I know of people who have two log books, one for loggable time, and another for passenger flying. If you really want to keep track of all your passenger flying, this is probably the best way to go. But I get the impression, from his post, that Mak wasn't asking about how to keep a record of his passenger flying, but if he can actually count it towards anything, and the answer is No.

FFF
--------------