PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA CPL or ATPL conversion ?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2010, 13:25
rahulred5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DGCA CPL or ATPL conversion ?

Hello all ,
Before I start I would like to give a little bit of background information. I am an Indian citizen with an FAA CFI/II/MEI currently enrolled in an ATP programme with a flight school in Texas. As part of this programme I do flight instruction without pay to build hours towards an FAA ATP. In return for instruction since I cannot be paid due to M1 visa restrictions I have been offered a fully paid A320 TR. I am currently halfway through the course and should be done in a year's time.
I have started the process for DGCA conversion already based on my FAA CPL. I've cleared the Regs paper on the first attempt and making a serious attempt on the nav paper this time which I hopefully will clear in Nov.
Now my question is , is it better to wait to get my FAA ATP to convert to a DGCA ATPL or would it be more efficient to continue to convert to a DGCA CPL ?
Another question I have is regarding TRTO's in the USA , does the DGCA accept a TR from all FAA recognised TRTO's ? Would I need any DGCA specific paperwork to be filled up when I do my 320 TR ?

Thanks for answering all these questions.
Regards