PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines
Old 1st Nov 2010, 12:51
parsifal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pay differences

1. When I say organic pilots, I am referring to pilots who are employed/assigned as regular employees of CAAP. There is a new pay scheme submitted for approval of the Civil Service Commission. Their proposed pay is from 40T-50T depending on their seniority and position. This pay scheme is posted in the bulletin boards at the CAAP head office. The CAAP is inviting pilot applicants for regular employment.

2. The consultant pilots hired by ICAO are receiving 80T-100T. As I have mentioned previously, they are retired airline pilots. They are the ones who now checks the airline pilots during their recurrent training in a simulator in other countries. They are given per diems and hotel accommodations when they do the checks. This was the privilege removed from the organic pilots mentioned above because of their lack of qualifications.

3. A captain of an A320 aircraft at PAL or Cebu Pacific can earn as much as 250T net of taxes.

4. A captain of the same aircraft receives at least twice that much in other airlines in the region. That is why there is now an exodus of pilots from our local airlines. The present airline of their choice is Hongkong Airline and Vietnam Airlines. There are some going to India, Emirates, China and Korea.

5. I will retire soon and maybe I can help as a consultant also thru the ICAO.

Last edited by parsifal; 1st Nov 2010 at 12:58. Reason: grammar