PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could this happen: a non-pilot landing a heavy jet ??
Old 19th Aug 2002, 13:28
gofer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eff Oh

If imagination really is more important than knowledge, why contradict yourself with so much text.

Sorry couldn't resist

I'm not even good with Flightsim, but if there was nobody else with what seemed like more experience - would I try? Would anybody for that matter ? And could they get it righter than the other alternative !!! If you don't try you'll never know, but given that the alternative otherwise becomes a certainty ......

Those are the real background questions. And the answers lie in the way people panic, or don't until afterwards, if there is an afterwards. Having 270 lives behind me of having 2000 when driving a train, or the 50'000 that we have in every batch in the chemical factory with our computer computer controlled and driven production - that I feel, for many only spurs them on to do better.

PAX have a blind faith that the crew want to go home at the end of the day - otherwise we would never get into something, that we all know logically is to heavy to go anywhere upwards. Every flight is a double miracle - first the take off and then the landing.