PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2010, 09:54
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI DP, you are entirely correct that the message could have been coming from two sources. However, as Chief Executive it is behoven up you to make sure you have any public statements accurately represented. When I did the FOI request, as a former legal type bod, I drafted the questions so as to have little scope for ambiguity and sent a copy to Dr P and crew as a matter of courtesy and even spoke with him personally on the dog and bone.

It's a minor issue in the great scheme of things but does suggest "we asked and they said no" position which is not true according to the HLF.

In a previous generation on management at TVOC I asked the same questions of the lovely "Bond Girl" who declined to answer.

I seem to recall that the trustees originally, and apologies if I have this wrong, included FI's husband/ partner?

It's perturbing to see the strife and angst that the fabulous engineering crew must go through and the cyclical nature of "we're skint, save us or else by day x, we're saved, we know we can and will do better, we have a great new business/sponsorship plan that's sustainable, we're skint."

I thought I read that Dr P planned to step down, just like I thought I read 558 was going to fly for 10 seasons, now apprently he's cosy at his desk and she has 2 years left?