PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumour: Sunstate Engineers suspended over aircraft sabotage?
Old 1st Nov 2010, 08:14
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there an entry in the log book ( or whatever Qantaslink use) to detail what maintenance was done to clear the defect before it is signed off?
The night that 7 aircraft were grounded, the Managers got them all out in the morning after changing the latches. The new latches had exactly the same defect.

I know it is considered un Australian, but this is ridiculous, have these Managers been reported to CASA?
Yes. for a few similar matters like this for the after midnight maintenance such as signing out of category and ignoring cracks in strut components. Casa have not got back to us and the managers are still on the loose.

In this instance (the doors) we went to Aviation Security as they own the legislation that is being breached here.

The govt departments haven't been very helpful in fact the head of Aviation Security threatened me with jail if I went public with this stuff. Nothing got fixed so we went public.