PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan Airlines
Thread: Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2010, 08:05
737XL Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from China, and had a good experience. As mentioned before taxes and charges were not paid for and no confirmed booking was in place.
Simulator was tough, did'nt help to go straight into the sim after a long journey. Multiple failures, loss of both generators with an apu failure. On top of that failure of all DU's so you're now down to sby instruments only and they want you to fly a procedural app which is based on radials and dme. So much fun. Medical is a just a long process. At least when you walk out of there you know if there's something wrong with you. ATP is not too bad as long as you prepare for it.
I think to have a good recruitment agency is absolutely vital in this process. My agency, answered all questions very promptly and refunded all my travelling costs within a few days of me returning back home. On PPRuNe, like everywhere else, you mostly hear from the people that are not that happy. I think I could be happy in China, obvisously remains to be seen.
Good luck everyone and you want more specific info on what to expect please fell free to pm me.
Cheers

Last edited by 737XL Pilot; 7th Dec 2010 at 07:37.