PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2010, 00:44
bearfoil

Ah, Torrance. Lived with my cousins for a spell in PV. About the time the Dominator went aground. Marineworld, skateboarding, ah well.

A place more "logical".Hmmm......... If the crew were merely hanging on and allowing Otto to fly, the upset and Otto dropping may have been concurrent. The a/c did upset.
The a/c was in a "vicinity". The last RP was, etc. etc. My point is that logic is not at this point the priority. It is in entertaining the Possible, that when combined with the evidence available, produces the logic we seek. When new evidence appears, do we regret the leaving behind of a pet "Theory"? Absolutely not, We propose, we think, we destroy, and move along. If the boxes remain unfound, the existing evidence will be the foundation of an "educated" guess.

The crew rest module suffered a total destruction, the Galley tower and kitchenette barely look damaged. It is as if they came from two separate a/c. The spoiler is beaten to a pulp, the elevator looks like it snapped off and landed lightly on the surface. The VS has been done to death. Looking for results (logic?) prior to eliminating all the possibilities is simply not done, or is it? A path of 30k feet (down to the Bottom and back up) is six miles. The HS (both) was intact? because if not, fuel doesn't sink then rise again in a compact column, it simply doesn't. The only difference between the focal fuel deposits to me is their size (volume). I simply suggest that it would appear that the two origins were created by two different impacts.

The provision of a working theory in haste is not unknown, it is at all times an obstacle to further discovery. "Conclusion bias" it is called. It is amateurish. A great deal of what I have been on about has to do with pointing out the bad practice of "establishing a lead". Walking down a road without a map or compass gains nothing.

It discourages further research, and blocks the Truth. Who would do such a thing?

fellow coastie,

bear