PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular training where? when?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2010, 23:10
Boeing Cloud Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modular training where? when?

A few questions really..

I was enrolled on a integrated course, however due to lack of funds (loan didnt pull through) ''Cant say I blame them really its a bit mad asking for 40k to complete a integrated course in these times'' I have pulled out with the ATPL theroy side of things completed. All 14 exams passed.

I realise that now isnt the best of time to train and have been having a re-think as regards to training. I am thinking of going modular.

I have searched this forum high and low and find that some people say integrated is the only way for a job some say not.

I reckon the true answer lies between the two. A few of the top notch students at OAA or FTE go through to a very few jet jobs. As for the rest of the integrated guys its pretty much the same chances as going modular. Does this sound about right?

I have been looking at going to the states to do a PPL and hour building is there anywhere you can recommend I have had cheap quotes from EASA in florida and am also looking at EFT are these good flight schools?

Also in the view of finishing my training in 2012-2013 can anyone recommed the next course of action after PPL + hour building.

would joining a scheme like FTE/CABAIR modular be worth while to get CPL+IR+MCC

or am I am going to get treated like dirt being a modular student here?

I suppose like everyone else I am after good training at an affordable price, I'm not up for getting in to masses of debt even if I could I dont see the banks lending vast amounts of money for quite some time!!

Many Thanks