PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Qantas Does Leigh Clifford Work For?
Old 31st Oct 2010, 21:43
DEFCON4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perception

Wanting to work for Qantas and Working for Qantas represent two differing realities.
Airlines have always had a certain allure.Thats why there are always large numbers of potential recruits.The allure has nothing to do with Qantas.It just happens to be an airline
Two years ago a mate spoke to me about his son wanting to become a flight attendant.This kid like so many was starry eyed.I tried to talk him out of it.He would not be persuaded.Any way he got the job and lasted six months.Poor salary,sickness, fatigue and a broken romance finished it for him.His wage was so poor he couldnt meet his rent.He was home less than 7 days a month and could hardly drag himself out of bed when he was home.
The are two Qantas'.The Qantas before Dixon and the one after.The Qantas prior to Dixon was a family where everyone helped each other achieve the goal of being an excellent airline.The airline today is a fragmented mess with management pulling one way and staff another.I have come to the realization that it will never be fixed because management can't see that its broken.Employees have given up telling them that it is.
Whilever this situation exists Qantas will decline and will never be any better than an also ran outfit...if its not there already

Last edited by DEFCON4; 31st Oct 2010 at 23:15.