PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Qantas Does Leigh Clifford Work For?
Old 31st Oct 2010, 20:53
73to91

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Spoke to my neighbour yesterday about this topic and he said that the propblem he sees is the 'new management' the young ones with the big ego's who know everything (laugh) and have a great sense of entitlement.

He said that whilst it doesn't effect him as he has over 25 years of service now, he hates these new 'managers' who have the new management level staff travel priority when plenty of them don't even see out 5 years.

He asked me did I have any LSL trips remaining when I left QF and raised a very valid point and that was, why is it that when you are made redundant and have unused LSL trips, the associated priority goes to the bottom of the list when you have earned that entitlement. As he said, these young blow ins receive highter priority than say someone who was made redundant and put in for say 20 years of service. That certainly sounds very wrong to me and no doubt that was bought in by the likes of Dixon.

As he said, people who have been around for a while hate what the 'new management' are doing.

Is Qantas a good place to work? well it's only a survey but ! Great Place to Work® Institute

Do people want to work for Qantas? yet another survey shows:
"The survey of over 2,900 workers places Google in the top spot, with Virgin coming in second. Apple took fourth place, followed by Qantas, The Walt Disney Company, OMD, Sydney Water, Getaway and Coca-Cola." Survey reveals 73% of workers want to work somewhere else - Business news, business advice and information for Australian SMEs | SmartCompany